.CAT - Catalan
Cheap Domainnames Registration · Transfer · Renewal
|Restrictions:||Reserved for the Catalan linguistic and cultural community|
Download and read the Registration Agreement HERE
The .cat TLD is intended to serve the needs of the Catalan Linguistic and Cultural Community on the Internet (the 'Community').
The Community consists of those who use the Catalan language for their online communications, and/or promote the different aspects of Catalan culture online, and/or want to specifically address their online communications to that Community.
For the purposes of this Charter, without being exhaustive, and as may be amended or clarified from time to time, the Registry's policies may permit registrations in .cat TLD to the following:
- Universities, schools, research institutions and other academic entities that use Catalan in their academic activities or teach/promote aspects of Catalan culture.
- public or private entities whose aim is promoting the Catalan culture.
- writers, translators, correctors and journalists publishing (or contributing to) works in Catalan
- publishing companies that publish works in the Catalan language or relating to the Catalan culture
- media using the Catalan language for their communications
- individuals, groups, businesses, organizations, entities or initiatives, however constituted, carrying online communications in Catalan
- individuals, groups, businesses, organizations, entities or initiatives, however constituted, proving their belonging to the Community by way of sponsorship from other members of the Community in the
- form established in the Registration Policies
- members of Fundacio puntCAT
|IDN names:||You may register .cat domain names with any Catalan specific character:|
à; é; è: í; ï; ó; ò; ú; ü; ç; l·l (apostrophe is not allowed due to technical reasons) and you need to submit the punicode-string.
For native character converter go HERE
Fundacio puntCAT is applying a prudent strategy with IDN names. As IDN are a reality and work , we offer them, but as they do not yet work on all browsers and email clients, who registers an IDN domain name also gets, for free, its equivalent without the special characters, that is the "traditional" domain name closer to its IDN version as show in the conversion table. So if you register an IDN domain name you get 2 domain names and only pay for one ! That way you can always be sure that following an easy protocol ("use accents and if it does not work do not use them") that communications will always work, whatever software and whatever keyboard is used.
|Pre-Configuration:||Required - Read FAQ |
|DNS Management:||.CAT is NOT in PDR system. If you don't host the domain name with us, you need to submit own nameservers (Pre-Configuration). Read FAQ carefully.|
|Registration Period:||1 Yr.|
|FIRST check||if the name you want is still free HERE|
|Map||Catalan language domain|